[Tex/LaTex] Mathematical symbol for disjoint set union


In our lecture script, we use the notion of disjoint set union. It uses a special symbol to differentiate the disjoint from the usual set union, where we add an extra dot inside of the \cup symbol. Is there something like a \bigudot? Or any other way to add a centered dot to any symbol?

Best Answer

Edit I thought amssymb provides \cupdot which does what you want... but it doesn't.

\usepackage{MnSymbol} provides \cupdot and \bigcupdot but is incompatible with amssymb which is unfortunate.

Sometimes disjoint union is depicted using \sqcup which has the advantage of being in amssymb

Related Question