MATLAB: ThingSpeak and Campus-Wide MATLAB License

academiccampus wideThingSpeak

My school has a Campus-Wide License for MATLAB. What is the associated ThingSpeak license that I get access to? Can I upgrade my ThingSpeak license to get access to advanced features?

Best Answer

If your school has a Campus-Wide License for MATLAB you can use the Free ThingSpeak license for non-commercial work.
There are five types of ThingSpeak licenses:
  • Free – included with Campus-Wide License; create / sign in with MathWorks account
The advanced features of ThingSpeak, including additional channels and a faster update rate per channel, requires an additional purchase of one of the following licenses:
  • Standard – for use at a commercial, government, or other organization.
  • Academic – for use in teaching and academic research at a degree-granting institution.
  • Student – for use in conjunction with courses offered at a degree-granting institution.
  • Home - for personal use only. Not for government, academic, commercial, or other organizational use.
If your college has purchased an Academic license for ThingSpeak, you can ask your college administrator to add you as a Licensed End User on that license. You can compare license options and purchase a license on the How to Buy page.