I have recently bought Macbook Pro and want to install LaTeX. I am using TeXstudio, but I need to install MiKTeX which I was using earlier in Windows. Please suggest what to install as an alternative to MiKTeX for my Mac.
[Tex/LaTex] Installing LaTeX on Macbook Pro
- [Tex/LaTex] installing FontPro (support for Minion Pro, Myriad Pro, & Cronos Pro) with MiKTeX 2.9
- [Tex/LaTex] Installing MiKTeX 2.9 on Windows 8
- [Tex/LaTex] Problem with installing mathtime pro 2 font
- [Tex/LaTex] Installing packages on Macbook Pro (MacTex BasicTex)
- [Tex/LaTex] Manually installing Koma script to MikTex
The cheapest, most stable, most popular option is (as Paulo says) to install MacTeX. It is downloadable as an all-in-one package file (
.pkg); just double-click and you're good to go.
MacTeX comes with a few editors, namely TUG's TeXworks and the acclaimed TeXShop, but you can also get TeXstudio for Mac as well.
You will find that, as OS X is a UNIX-based environment, working with TeXnology may prove to be a little simpler than doing so under Windows.